Domain Authority is the most essential SEO statistic for evaluating a website's overall quality. It is a search engine statistic created by Moz that forecasts where your website will appear on search engine result pages (SERPs). The Domain Authority score range is between 1 and 100.
How Is Domain Authority (DA) Calculated?
To calculate the DA score, Moz considers 40 various factors. Inbound links and root domains are a few examples of these. The latter is essential when calculating the score because a site with a lot of inbound links from reliable and relevant sites will perform better.
What Is A Good Domain Authority (DA)?
A website's Domain Authority is higher when it links to other reliable websites (like Forbes or Wikipedia) than when it has no external links. These websites often have DA90+ rankings.
A DA of 40 to 50 is an average, and a DA of 50 to 60 is good. A DA of over 60 is excellent.
Smaller websites and companies typically have a lower DA score since there are fewer links linking to them.
Until it is able to get additional inbound links from other websites, a brand-new website will have a DA score of one.
How to Increase Domain Authority
If you want to outperform the competition, you should work to outperform their domains in terms of score.
There are basically three methods for doing this.
1) Performing a link profile audit.
Use link-building strategically to do this. By doing this, you'll build a profile of authoritative backlinks that tells Google that your website is a reliable source and deserves to rank higher in search results than its competitors.
Through inbound links from a variety of authority websites that have a significant number of links themselves, you can develop a natural backlink profile.
2) Create engaging content
Bounce rate and organic traffic are two engagement indicators that can significantly affect your score. Therefore, in order to increase your rating, you must produce high-quality content that will draw visitors to your website and keep them there.
3) Earn a higher number of high-quality backlinks
Earning more high-quality links from websites with high domain authority that point back to your website is another method for increasing it. This is because the number of incoming links and the authority of the websites they come from is both taken into account when calculating DA.
The number of backlinks pointing to your website might increase with the help of some best practices (and increase your DA from those inbound links). They consist of:
- Choosing a Relevant Domain Name: You may strengthen your brand by choosing an easy-to-remember domain name, but you can also consider choosing a domain that contains a specialized keyword.
- On-page content optimization: Including title tags, image alt tags, and the text itself, as well as making sure to include variations of your major keywords, are all examples of how to optimize your on-page content.
- Creating Linkable Content: Regularly publishing high-quality content will help you obtain more backlinks, which will raise your authority.
- Improving Your Internal Linking Structure: By pointing visitors to other content on your website and spreading "link juice" throughout it, you can improve the user experience of your website.
- Removing Bad or Spam Links: Too many links from unreliable sites might be harmful.
- Page Speed and Mobile site design: These are two significant user experience elements that influence whether someone stays on your site.
- Developing Your Brand's Authority: Increasing your reputation and authority through quality content and a receptive audience will help in the spread of your website.
- Posting Material to Social Media: Links to your content on websites like Facebook provide social signals, which are taken into consideration when calculating search engine rankings.
A high Domain Authority score is not something you can get overnight. But, with time, work, and research, it will improve. When it happens, you will have a great benefit over your competitors.