If you have a blog, a likelihood is you already understand the significance of business blogging. But do you know how to optimize your blog posts to make them more search engine friendly?
The fact is, several bloggers fail to take benefit of the enormous marketing potential of their blogs. In fact, a recent study by blogger.com revealed that although roughly 60% of businesses have blogs, 65% of those blog owners have not even updated in the past year. By offering fresh, appropriate content and performing basic blog post optimization, you'll be able to take advantage of the many benefits blogging offers.
Here are six simple search engine optimization (SEO) tips that will assist you to get your blog noticed.
1. Do your research. Keyword research is crucial for on page optimization. Chances are high that you're naturally including keywords while not realizing it just by providing valuable content on a topic. However, there is a range of tools and techniques for finding related keywords relevant to your blog post that you might not have considered. The Google Adwords Keyword Tool and semrush both provides great tools that enable you to seek out keywords related to your topic and even spy on your competition to visualize what words and phrases they're targeting to bring traffic to their sites.
2. Using keywords throughout your post. Once you've targeted some of the valuable and relevant keywords, it's necessary to place them where they'll have the foremost impact for humans and search engine crawlers indexing your content. Attempt to include them in the following places:
- Headings and subheadings
- Introductory sentence
- Concluding paragraph
- Anchor text
- Title tags and meta descriptions
A word of caution: Don’t engage in keyword stuffing, which is the act of filling your content with many keywords that it becomes troublesome to read. Not solely will this irritate your blog followers, it'll additionally get you penalized by Google. Some of the strategically placed keywords can do the trick.
3. Optimize your images. Whenever you upload an image to your blog, make sure to incorporate keywords in the file name and fill out the alternate text field with a brief, keyword rich description of the image.
4. Reference others with links. Once you mention another blogger or article in your blog post, include a link to the information you're referencing. Not only it is the sensible blogging etiquette, but you will additionally get lucky and receive a link back. Quality links are a valuable commodity for any website looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
5. Provide readers the opportunity to subscribe to your blog. Embrace prominently placed RSS or Feed Subscription Buttons and provide viewers the ability to subscribe to your posts via email when possible. This enables your blog followers to possess instant notification of your latest posts without having to periodically check your website for new content.
6. Use social media to broaden the reach of your blog posts. As a small business, you may be using Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or other social media sites to form connections with potential and current customers. Why not promote your blog content on these websites for even more web exposure? Free programs such as Hootsuite make it simple to post links to your recent blog post on all of your social media sites with simply some of clicks. You'll be able to even schedule your posts prior time!
By following these easy SEO tips, you'll be able to encourage higher rankings in SERPs, increased web traffic, and higher client conversion rates.